Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Been A Great Week


As the title goes, that's what it's been. Last weekend we drove down to Virginia Beach to visit the Messick family and to attend the Wave Women's Coference (only I went to the conference:) I had not seen the Messicks for 2 1/2 years and wow how they have changed. Jacob is a handsome young man of 13, Eli is a sassy 7 with a stylin doo, and Michaela Joy is a beautiful little girl. Oh yeah, Shannon and Alison looked good too! They all surprised me with a birthday cake that Eli, Jacob and Michaela all helped make. I was also able to see Sammy when she came to visit.


Yesterday was my official birthday (the fifth) and I was treated like a princess. I woke up to a clean kitchen, a danish waiting for me, and a dozen beautiful roses and a card from my husband, and an adorable boquet of yellow tulips and a card from Aeraci. The day continued with a trip to Christiana to shop at Costco (yes I love Costco). It was followed by my favorite part of the day where I spent an hour at Borders Books, having a coffee and some quiet reading time while Aaron and Aeraci "got lost":) Then we drove down to Rehoboth Beach and had seafood for dinner. All in all it was a great day to turn 29!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great birthday!!! How nice! You deserve it! BTW, love the pic of Aeraci in this post!!

Devin & Annie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you recieved the card I sent! We'll see you soon!

Rosie said...

What a great birthday you had! This picture of Aeraci is darling. I just want to grab her big fat cheeks:)